Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Tattoosday 3


Here's the third in our series. ;) It's pretty basic, non-decorative, but I love it! Since it's just a logo/acronmym, there wasn't much art involved. Allegrea and I consulted about the colors/shading as I wasn't totally sure what I wanted. The color (besides black) that I settled on turned out to be a bad choice. I wanted a color that was more raspberry/wildberry-ish, but that color doesn't hold well in tats. I'm so glad Austin (Allegrea's SO) is always honest with me about what will and won't work or does/doesn't hold up well. He helped me pick a color that was close but holds much better. The letters are ALF. If you know me well, you'll know or figure it out. If you don't, well then, we'll just say I love the old TV show with the furry alien puppet. ;)

Oliver made it through his surgery but cannot come home until tomorrow. The poor little guy had a rough start. He was hungry and scrounging for food before we left this morning. I had to keep him from eating from 7:30 last night on. He was supposed to go in for surgery right away when I dropped him off at 7:30, but something came up and they weren't able to get him in until noon! My heart broke for the poor hungry boy. Dr. Nelson said the surgery took longer than expected (three hours), as his urethra was uniquely narrow. It made the reconstruction/stretching difficult. We visited him tonight, and he definitely recognized us and was happy to see us, but he was still pretty drugged and confused. He was on opiates and another pain drug, and only 2-3 hours out of surgery, so he was seeing things and a little trippy. He does NOT like his e-collar, which he has to wear for 2 weeks! I have to go get a special litter box with special litter for him tomorrow after work, and then I can bring him home. We will have a rough couple of weeks of recovery, but then he will have another 12-15 years of happy health to enjoy. I think once we get through this horrible part, it will all be so worth it. I hated so much to have to close the cage door on him and leave him at the vet's. I just wish he could understand what's going on. My poor little transgendered boy.

I'm so very tired, as the constant LOUD thunderstorms prevented any sleeping last night. The tornado warning that seemed to go on forever didn't help either. Nor did Ivan, who decided he was afraid of thunder and had to launch himself onto the bed and try to hide under me throughout the night. We lost power early this morning--at around 3:30 or so, so I basically stayed up to make sure that we didn't oversleep. Ollie was super cuddly and needy this morning, too. It made me wonder if he sensed something unpleasant was happening today.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

that was a nice poem by your friend Allegra. seems you all are very close. I learn somthing new all the time never had a thought that you liked ALF!!! UGH!! oh well again worlds apart!! I love the story behind all the tatoos though gimme more gimme more love it!!