Sunday, August 03, 2008

Left behind

Friday I had to go see my doctor/surgeon. I did not receive particularly good news, but I fully expected that when I went in. It looks like I will be having another surgery as soon as I can schedule it. Based on my projects and deadlines at work, though, I don't think I will be able to get in until Nov. at the earliest. I'll hope for the best between now and then. I won't know until my ultrasound next week(maybe not even until I get opened up in surgery though) if the surgery will be bad or devastatingly bad.

I did receive one little bit of absolutely exhilarating news at the doctor, though. I lost eight pounds! I don't have a scale at home, so I was pleasantly shocked and surprised to see the very happy number on the scale. That means I only have 12 pounds left to go! More importantly than weight though, is that I still want to continue my regular workouts (yes, I'm actually doing well and sticking with it so far!), so I can be strong and healthy. I feel SO MUCH better when I workout regularly! Seeing that positive feedback on the weightloss is enough to keep me motivated for a while on my workouts!

Saturday was spent packing and getting ready for M & L's big trip. I took L to get her hair cut. Between the chlorine damage from swim lessons, the fact that M will have to try to keep up with her hair for the next 10 days, it was the logical thing to do. She wanted it cut MUCH shorter than either M or I wanted, but I went along with it, thinking it would be that much easier on her big camping trip. She is very happy with it, and she is exceptionally cute with it. M & I still prefer her hair longer, much longer, and hope she will want to grow it back out. We also feel that her shorter hair makes her look older, and we aren't ready for her to look any older than she already does!

They left at 9:00 this morning, and she was so excited to be going on this adventure with her daddy. I miss her already! It is going to be the longest 10 days in the world! I'm already at a loss with so much time to myself, which is usually a rarity. Dej is never here, so this is as close to being a completely single, unfettered person as I will ever get. The animal care duties, however, are a lot for one person. Keeping up with food, cleaning, potty trips, medication, walks, and individual love and attention for everyone in the household, every day, is a full-time job for one person! Hunter will be coming to visit me and the animals, though, and he will play with and give love and attention to everyone, so that will help a little bit.

No comments :