Monday, August 25, 2008

Melancholy Monday


This is a 'black' daylily from our garden. It's the darkest daylily, although it is clearly not black. It's just stunning, in person, but I haven't been able to get a picture that really does it justice. I'm still hoping to get a better shot, but it may be done blooming this year.

I’m starting week three of my shampoo-free life and am still loving the results! Luciana is starting week two. I notice that her hair is much easier to comb through—fewer rats, which is a great thing! My hair is so much less frizzy. I have more curls and less frizz. I haven’t even bothered to straighten it, as it isn’t as big and frizzy as it used to be, so natural looks much nicer.

L. had Hunter stay overnight on Friday, which was my mom’s birthday. The kids were up late, of course, but got along well. I woke up at 5 and went in to check on them, and found L. asleep in her bed. H. usually sleeps in the lazy-boy recliner that is next to her bed, but he was not in her room. After a brief moment of panic, I went downstairs looking for him and found him asleep on the couch in the living room. I was so relieved to see him! In my brief moment of panic, I was trying to figure out how to tell his father that I “lost” him in the middle of the night.

We had a pretty mellow weekend again and got a lot of odd jobs done. Mark didn’t have to work for a change (or I should say GO IN to work, as he always works from home). I spent several hours trying to plan out the first few months of L's homeschooling. We have a few additional subjects that we are starting this year, and it will take a lot of planning to cover all the material/subjects we need to work on without overwhelming her with work. Learning has to stay fun! We picked out our Latin names, which is the first assignment for our Latin class. She will be Terrentia (Ter-ren-ti-a), and I will be Auralia (Au-ra-li-a). We're excited to get started next week!

We had beautiful weather again tonight, and I had planned to weed and work in the garden after dinner. As it turned out, though, L. really wanted to work on a craft she received in the mail today from her girls' craft club. It's a beautiful butterfly mobile that is much more detailed and labor intensive than I thought at first glance. We will have to finish it up tomorrow or Weds night. We sat at the kitchen table and worked while we watched Mark speak at the city council meeting (on TV). L. is not remotely impressed when her daddy is on tv, radio, newspaper. She had no interest in watching and chatted through most of it.

Well, again, I'm cutting my intended post short. M. just finished talking to his brother on the phone, and this is the first chance we have had today to talk. I'm going to hang out with him for a brief while (until he falls asleep).

No comments :