Sunday, August 09, 2009

But We've Got the Biggest Balls of Them All

That song came on the radio this afternoon, and it's stuck in my head now!

Since Jezebel got featured in the last post, I have to post a Daisy picture now to even things out. I'm pretty sure Daisy would care, if she knew. She notices every single treat or bit of affection given to another animal, and immediately appears to demand her equal share. She's just compulsive about it.

I'm always conscious of posting pics of my babies more than the others. When Dej was younger, she would come to my office from time to time, and every time, she would check out the pictures. She would actually count the photos that I had hanging and on my desk to make sure that there were as many photos of her as of Luciana.

We were running errands this afternoon, and the kids noticed a very big rainbow with all seven colors showing quite distinctly. It was gorgeous! We then noticed that there was a second, lighter rainbow about that one. A double rainbow! I've only seen three of them in my life, including today's. The other two were both out west, which led me to speculate that maybe they only occured out there due to some atmospheric or elevation differences. Today's double shot that theory down. It's the second one Luciana has seen, with the first being out west on vacation last month. Hunter had never seen one before at all. It was a pretty exciting view for all of us!

I've spent much of the last couple of days reading a book that I've heard great things about, "Raising Your Spirited Child". I'm really enjoying it and am learning a lot that will help me with L, H, and some other children in my life. It has also helped give me some insights into myself, which I may or may not share in the near future. I was most definitely a "spirited child", which in my case really meant that I was a child that only parents could love, while I made the rest of the people quite uncomfortable. I'm so grateful that L isn't nearly as difficult as I was (and still am, if truth be told).

This is a photo of Lila. M and I were downstairs, and L was supposed to be upstairs in bed. Lila sauntered up to me to demand worship as she usually does, and I noticed that note on her collar. It says, "Gimme a TREAT". L gets no end of pleasure in sending various animals to me with notes on their collars. I find it pretty funny, too, though I can't logically explain why a child attaching notes to animal collars always makes me laugh, but it does.

No comments :