Thursday, August 27, 2009

Glad my family's back!

Mark and Luciana just returned from their father-daughter camping trip. Sounds like they had lots of fun, and I'm waiting to see pictures. They've been gone since Monday afternoon. The dogs have been particularly naughty, this time--keeping me up much of the past three nights. Maybe tonight I'll finally get some sleep!

Yesterday at the farmer's market, I tried something I have never eaten before. I've seen them at the market for the past few years, but never really knew what they were or what to do with them. It's kind of funny, because Sarita and I have walked past them many times and mentioned that we didn't really know what they were, but Melissa was with us this week. So instead of saying, "hmmm...ground cherries, wonder what you do with those", and continuing to pass by, she walked up and asked. The woman at the booth told us they were good, like berries, and handed us each one. They really were good. Like berries. I'm buying some next week! [Not my picture--copied from Wikipedia.]

This is the adorable little Delilah. I have this empty bird cage in the dining room, because I scrubbed it down and need to return it to the Humane Society. Mark brough Kealy home in it, and I don't use cages, so they have more use for it than I do. Anyway, the door was left open, and Lila thought she'd spend a little time in there observing the world from a different angle.

Our tired little one is up in bed resting and snuggling the cats she missed so badly. She couldn't wait to show me the very special carved wooden pocket knife her daddy bought her. She can only open it and use it in the presence of an adult. Super. M. also proudly announced to me that she is now, "a total pyro-" (maniac). Again. Super. She has a very special huge dragon tattoo on the middle of her chest. She had a lot of fun.

Mark just got everything unloaded and is ready to show me the pictures, so I'm off to see what they've been up to for the past few days.

No comments :