Friday, October 09, 2009

Dunkin' Dawgs day

We were supposed to be camping this weekend, but the weather didn't cooperate with us. We're staying at home and have lots of fun family activities planned instead. It just wasn't a good year for camping for the B-D family. We're hoping next year will more than make up for it!

The dogs went to their swimming appointment today. Daisy was SO happy. I never guessed she would be the one of the three who loved it most! Her curly little tail flops back and forth the whole time she's in the pool. No more swimming in circles today, either. She got the hang of swimming in a straight line. She had the most stamina of the three.

Jezebel was timid and fearful again at the beginning, but she's that way with absolutely everything. She got into it after the first couple of times and even made an effort to grab one of the toys as she swam past. She got tired toward the end though and kept trying to hide so she didn't have to go back in and do another lap.

Chloe--the one who most needs to be there (hip displaysia) was the one who got tired the quickest. She also needs the most help in and out, because her back end is weak--even moreso when she's dripping wet and it's slippery. I had to lift her in and out, while Nancy (the doggy pool owner) stayed in the water to work with her. She is a heavy dog. We were both wet , and I got a major workout! I did something very, very bad to my lower back while lifting her and twisting, and I've been in pain since we got home.

We got home and Luce and I snuggled up and watched the movie, "The Others". It's just about the right level of scariness for her. She likes 'scary' movies (those that are appropriate for her age/maturity), and so does Dej. I'm glad my girls like them, because my husband most definitely does NOT like them, and it's nice to have someone to watch with. I'm very excited about going to see the move, "Paranormal Activity", Saturday night with Dej! October is a great month for those of us who like 'scary' movies (which never actually scare me, but I keep trying)!

No comments :