Wednesday, October 21, 2009

L is recovering from strep throat. She started antibiotics on Monday night and is feeling much better already. She bounces back from things quicker than anyone I know. She's also so cheerful and happy most of the time--even when she's sick.

I got the virus too but not the strep. I'm still amazed by the fact that I haven't had strep since I got my tonsils out at the age of 30! I had always had it 3-4 times a year before that. I felt rotten from the virus but not nearly as bad as I would have with strep.
We were home sick yesterday and had as enjoyable of a sick day as we could. We snuggled together in my bed and watched the marathon of "A Haunting". She loves that show. Even sick, she was a little on the chatty side, so I didn't get as much naptime as I needed. Soon enough, she'll be too big to chatter my ear off in bed, though, so I can live without the nap!

The piggies got greens and red peppers tonight. It was the first time I've given them the red peppers, which is a great source for the extra vitamin C they need. All six of them loved it! They snatched it right out of my hands--even baby Luna. They each have such distinctive little personalities. We're having so much fun getting to know each of them and their likes and dislikes. The rabbits seem surprisingly uninterested in them so far, which kind of surprised me. We also learned tonight that the rabbits do not want anything to do with red peppers!
Notice that L's hair is much shorter than it was a couple of days ago. She's been nagging me relentlessly to cut it. I finally gave in yesterday, after her bringing it up repeatedly while we were resting. This length is what she wanted, but not what I wanted. M & I both intended for it to be several inches longer than what she was asking for. Unfortunately, by the time I was satisfied that it was perfectly even all the way around, it ended up being this length. She's happy with it, and M & I also agree that she's pretty adorable this way!

No comments :