Sunday, October 25, 2009

I spent the last several days getting my butt kicked by strep throat. I haven't had strep since I had my tonsils removed ten years ago. I used to get it several times a year, so this ten-year break has been nice. I'm hoping it will be another ten years before I get it again. I'm still not at 100%!

The girls left a HUGE mess in the kitchen, after carving their giant pumpkins. Dej called to see if her sister wanted to carve pumpkins with them tonight. L is thrilled to be invited to do just about anything with her very cool, big sister. It was so wonderful to see them having fun together! Luke came with Dej, but L didn't mind. It just gives her one more person to boss around.
She was excited that this year she did all of it by herself, for the first time. She carved a Snoopy and a Woodstock on her pumpkin (and carved her name). She still plans to do her 'regular' pumpkin carving with daddy later this week.



That means two batches of delicious pumpkin seeds the year. L has asked about every two minutes if the current batch of pumpkin seeds are done yet! Dej carved a Garfield head on her pumpkin.

L had her first test in Bharatanatyam class today. She only lost one point, for missing the 14th step of step 12. Yeah, you might need to read that mess twice. There are many, many steps, and each step contains many distinct movements that are also called steps. In addition to learning all the steps and movements, she has to learn Sanskrit--with pages and pages of slokas that need to be memorized. She's doing very well. Half the class was out sick today.

No comments :