Sunday, November 29, 2009

Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14-inch strap on

The title is a quote from Masuka (character on the show, Dexter). M & I found it hilarious, so we made a point to remember it. It still makes us laugh. Sometimes strange things make us laugh.

A few weeks ago, Dej called and said she was bringing something over for her sister. She brought her a cute little koala Webkinz, for no reason at all. That made it that much more special to L, who is thrilled whenever her sister spends time with her. She was giddy that Dej thought of her and brought her a gift for no reason. It was so sweet.


Fast forward to about a week ago, when the koaloa appeared in L's bed, under her blankets, but it had been slightly modified. M had taped black buttons over the koala's eyes, like Coraline. Both of my girls like the book and the movie, so the button eyes have been joked about many times. Since then, L has taken great pleasure in planting the koala (still with the button eyes) various places for M to discover. I'm wondering how long these two will keep the koala going before the eyes fall off or someone loses interest.


Every single time I try to photograph still objects, no matter where I do it or what I use as a backdrop, my nosy cats have to instantly walk all over the object, the flat black or white surface I have underneath/behind it, and rub their furry little bodies across the camera lens. Every time I do this, I end up trying to move around to dodge the cats, which makes it very difficult to get a good photo. They make everything so very difficult.

No comments :