Sunday, November 22, 2009

The shit hawks are coming!

I've been sitting here with a blank screen for the last 15 minutes. I'm determined to blog, as it's the first downtime I've had for days, but I keep getting distracted. L wanted to watch Beverly Hills Chihuahua tonight for family movie night (on Netflix), and I keep getting sucked into looking, not because it's a good movie, but I can't resist looking at dogs--any dogs! Dammit, I must be strong...I just lost another five minutes staring at it!

I've spent the computer time I did have this week on learning about feline diabetes. There's a lot to learn, and it will definitely be a life changer for all of us. I'm still feeling very intimidated and nervous about it. I have to watch constantly to make sure she's okay. One little screw up on my part could be fatal for her. Insulin is ridiculously expensive as is the special food she needs. We have to sit next to her, literally, and guard her while she eats or the other cats will edge on in and steal it. Her daughter, Lila, is the worst one of the bunch. They are so naughty!

M & I went to see the MadHatters last night at the Overture Center. We both thought this show wasn't as strong as their others. We enjoyed it, but what really made the night for us was one of the opening acts. The UW Bhangra group gave an absolutely house-rocking performance. By the sounds of the applause and cheers, the rest of the audience agreed with us. We would have been thrilled to see more of them! We will definitely be watching for future performances, so we can take L to see them.

You can view one of their performances HERE. It's about 9 minutes long and is worth the time to watch. It just keeps getting better! The performance last night was equally energetic, but more polished last night. Loved the music too!

It's a very different style of Indian dance than the Bhartanatyam that L takes, but it looks equally difficult and is very cool. They offer classes as well, so perhaps someday she will participate.

Here's another interesting event from our week. We took all three dogs for their normal swim session Thursday afternoon. We noticed when we got home from swim that Jezi's tail was down and stuck tightly to her body. We tried to look at it but didn't see anything, and she cried whenever we tried to look in the area. Because I hadn't been to the vet quite enough that week, I took her in on Friday morning to see what was wrong. She had sprained the base of her tail. A sprained tail. Is there anything my animals won't do to get to the vet?! Only time would heal it, but Dr. Mark gave her an anti-inflammatory to help with the swelling and pain. We were SO happy to see her tail up today!

Oh, and I spent another couple of hours on the phone with AT&T on Friday, in an effort to get Dej's Internet up and working. It's still not, by the way. They sent a technician out to her house Saturday morning, and yet again, they said she should be all set. She's been working too much and hasn't had time to try it out yet, but I'm anxious to see if this time they finally did something right.

I got some new pics of the grandkitties last week, while I was there suffering through the AT&T debacle. I didn't get any shots of sweet little Myrtle cat, though. She is very shy and was hiding from me, and I didn't' want to terrorize the poor girl by hunting her down.



No comments :