Monday, November 30, 2009

I think I’ve finally reached the critical mass stage with my time. My normal daily routine takes up so much time that I have literally none left to spare. One small glitch in any portion of the day, causes me to not have enough time to get things done. There is no wiggle room! These are things that, for the most part, have to be done—feeding/cleaning/medical care for the animals, L’s homeschool work, maintaining my household (at minimal standards). To accommodate the required duties, I have to cut out any unnecessary activities—like blogging, eating meals, sleeping. I’m not sure how long I will be able to keep this up, BUT I really don’t have a choice in the matter!

It seems like each weekend is so busy and chock full of duties, that there is no time to plug away at the many projects that need to be started or completed. It looks as though it will only get worse up through the end of the year.

I do have to say that despite being busier, I am feeling infinitely better than I was last year at this time. I was still at a very painful, miserable spot in my recovery from surgery. This Thanksgiving was certainly more enjoyable, as I remember feeling absolutely horrible (and was unable to eat) for last year’s festivities.

We went to my parents’ as we usually do on holidays. We had a nice quiet day of eating, talking and playing games.

M & I went out Wednesday to see my (old college) friend at the comedy club in Madison again. He was very funny, as always, and I love watching him do his thing! He was on Bob & Tom’s radio show last week as well, and I was able to catch some of that. The show was sold out, and we were on a waitlist, so I felt really lucky to get some tickets the night before the show. The body-to-body packed room combined with my two alcoholic beverages (there’s a two-drink minimum at the club) combined with my body’s maniacally random and unmanageable hot flashes, made for some fairly uncomfortable moments, but I made it through without vomiting from the heat. It was close there for a bit. All I could think of is how awful it would be to have to listen to both my husband and my friend crack horrible jokes about me for the rest of my life about vomiting in the club. I knew there would be no mercy whatsoever from either of those two, so I was super happy that I made it with no eruptions!

Other highlights from the week I was too busy too blog include attending a fur-free Friday protest in Rockford, which was very nice. The weather was decent, and we got good press coverage from two different networks! We also sort of celebrated M’s birthday on Saturday, but haven’t yet gone out for our big family celebration.

It was the weekend for birthdays, as my friend’s son Logan turned 8 on Thanksgiving day and celebrated with a party at the bowling alley on Sunday. L & Hunter were both invited and had fun bowling. It was nice to see the group of kids again (these kids have grown up together since L was a year old) and catching up with the moms (my friends). L is the oldest of the group, and Colton is the youngest at 4. They are all just growing up so fast!


This t-shirt was designed by Allegrea and her mom for the guys from the Rescue Ink show (on NatGeo). They were designed before the show was filmed. They wear them on the show, though, so if you've seen the show, you've seen the shirts. I'm too lazy to go upstairs and get my unaltered t-shirt to take a picture of it. It originally was a black t-shirt with white lettering and design. We each got one and have been wearing them proudly for months when L decided that she could improve upon her shirt. She used one of her fabric markers to color the lettering pink. She cut a cat out of the fabric that was leftover from her pencil roll, and stitched the cat onto the shirt. I was a little worried about it holding up, but it made it through the wash/dry cycle just fine. The lovely white cat hair on the shirt is Ivan's contribution to the project.

No comments :