Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday

I feel as though I should be in a bad mood today, as it’s been the kind of busy, non-stop day that I don’t really enjoy. And I couldn’t sleep last night (or the two nights before that), so I’m really tired, too. I wish I knew why my moods can be good on a ‘bad’ day and bad on a ‘good’ day!
My happy little C#-heads-down coding time is gone this week. I spent four hours in meetings today and have five hours of meetings tomorrow. I’m still sneaking into my happy little coding bubble for the brief few moments I catch between meetings. I’ve been on a tear with it this week though and am just flying through the project, which makes me SO happy.


M had talks scheduled last night, tonight, and I think on Thursday as well. That annoys me. I’m done talking about that.

Here’s a breakdown of today:

- Wake up (40 minutes BEFORE my damn alarm went off!)
- Drop Luce off, drive to Madison
- Code, meeting, admin tasks, meeting, synchronize code branches
- Drive back to Jvl
- Clean and change food and water for birds, rabbits, guinea pigs
- Feed dogs
- Feed cats (decide to wait until later)
- Wash dishes
- Feed Luciana & myself
- Take L to gymnastics, where my mom met me so she could stay for the
last 15 minutes and take L home
- Go to class, where I am giving an exam (which is where I am at the moment)

When my last five students finish their assessments, I get to go home, send my mom back to her house, snuggle and tuck my girl in, do another round of animal-care duties, catch up on some e-mails, hang with the hubs for a few brief minutes (after he gets home and before he falls asleep) and then I am left to surf the net (need to be researching some issues but may or may not have the discipline to be productive) or watch crappy tv til the wee hours of the morning, then get up bright and early and start again.

Our poor sweet mommy cat, Hallie, appears to be diabetic. She’s lost some weight, so our vet ran a blood panel and the bad news came back Monday. We go back in Thursday morning to run another test and then work on a treatment plan. I’ve not experienced feline (or human, for that matter) diabetes, so I will have a lot to learn. I feel so bad for this poor, sweet, super timid little girl. She came to me with permanent repiratory damage and has almost constant herpes flair ups, as does her daughter, Lila. Her little eyes and nose gets crusty and blocked, and I have to clean them out for her. She and Lila also have bad teeth that require frequent cleaning. She doesn’t see well. She’s tiny, and just so sweet, that I hate her having to deal with one more issue!

I had originally intended to post a cute Hallie picture tonight but just don't feel like looking for it. I'm about four months behind on filing my downloaded photos to the very organized folders I store them in. , It's a ton of work to find specific pictures until they are filed. This pic was on my desktop, and I don't think I've posted it yet. It's a rare picture of Allegrea and me without signs/animal rights' gear. It really sucks to be a horribly non-photogenic person and have to stand next to a best friend who is thin, pretty, and very photogenic. >:-P

We are still absolutely desperate to find a home for sweet Lola the pit whose been bounced from foster home to foster home. We’ve run out of foster homes, haven’t been able to place her, and have kept the poor girl boarded at a kennel to buy some time. We’re running out of our kennel reservation and money to pay for it, so she has to be out by the end of the month. She is a wonderful dog!! She just needs someone to love her and a place to call home for more than 2 or 3 weeks. PLEASE contact me if you know of anyone who may be able to help with Lola!

No comments :