Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Recon

I spent much of Sat. night, Sunday, and Monday resting in bed, because I was getting cold sweats and sick from being up and around. I piled on the drugs Sunday and managed to get our taxes done finally! That is a huge weight off my shoulders! I’ve never filed them this late before.

Monday was a furlough day. I didn’t plan to spend it lying in bed, but that’s pretty much what I did. Luce had the same cold resurgence that I did, and she woke up Monday morning and felt and sounded just horrible. I asked if she wanted to take the day off school, and she surprised me by saying yes. My friend, Orinda, stopped by for a bit early in the morning, but when she left, L & I both took a swig of Nyquil and crawled into my bed. L slept for about 3.5 hours and woke up feeling better. I slept for maybe an hour and didn’t feel better. I am feeling slightly better today, so I think I’m on the mend now.

I didn’t sleep last night, though, because of stress over a dog that will be put down if I can’t find a spot for her in 1-2 wks. I’m desperate and angry (over the dog being dumped because of inept people). I lay awake most of the night, enjoying tons of hot flashes, having panicky thoughts about this dog. Oh yeah, and also about the poor Canadian seals currently getting their innocent little heads bashed in by violent sociopaths (also called ‘seal hunters’)—it’s hard to sleep when I’m seeing their little faces when I close my eyes. Helplessness is so fucking frustrating! FML (no need to look that one up, mom)!

My voice stayed with me until almost the end of class tonight. I made it through the most important part, and I'm hoping it will return by tomorrow. It's really difficult to deal with my animals with no voice.

After class tonight, L & I worked on another one of our mystery puzzles. She was lured away by her daddy's St. Patrick's day preparations. They got all of the decorations hung up, and she did a little bit of Irish dancing (with some Bharatanatyam mixed in). Oh my god how I hate that damn Celtic music! It is like nails on a chalkboard to me. M had it cranked up really loud last night, and tomorrow night will be more of the same. They informed me that the reason I hate "their" music is because I'm part Scot and not Irish. They are very excited about tomorrow! They're pretty cute--they even have the bars of Irish Spring soap on the table, all ready for carving.

And now...I'm off to enjoy the highlight of my week--a little Sawyer action on (duh duh duh...DUHHHH) LOST

No comments :