Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The best laid plans of mice and men...

Often go awry. So we are starting our vacation today and will be 'away' until Saturday. We are not camping and we will not be in Iowa. It would have been lots of fun, but it just wasn't meant to be right now. We're trying to create alternate plans for the next several days, and have everything taken care of except today's plans. We're thinking hard!

Jasper will hopefully be released from the hospital today, so I have to stay local. We visited him last night, and it was SO HARD to leave him there! I also need to remain local, because he needs to be watched carefully for the next few weeks. We, as a family, agreed that Jasper's health is more important than WHERE we are. We can have fun and family time here in the area while still being close to Jasper, so that's the plan. I took Jaspy in to the vet Monday night, because he had complete urinary blockage. This is his first one ever. He is blocked from 'sludge' in the bladder, not stones, so at this point we will not do any surgery. He has been catheterized, and the hope is that the 'sludge' will drain out and he will be fine from this point on. There is always the possibility that it could plug back up after the cath. is removed, so he has to be closely monitored (and babied and spoiled for his traumatic experience).

We will definitely be camping in three weeks, though. I am demanding that everyone in the household maintain perfect health at least until after our July trip! I think it's ultimately for the best, though, considering the floods and weather forecast for the next several days.

I would like to have shared a picture of Daisy's new look. Dej used a marker to draw a big 'L' on her forehead--yes, for 'Loser'. She finds it very amusing. I do not like my little dog to have to go around with a big blue 'L' on her. I'm unable to get a picture of the 'L' on Daisy, however, because Daisy is incapable of being still for even one second. There's just no point in showing a picture of a blue blurry thing on an out-of-focus dog.

I'll leave some pretty garden pics (two poppies and a lily), and I'll be back online on Saturday.

No comments :