Thursday, June 05, 2008

Mooncup madness!


Tuesday when I returned home from work, I was not feeling well. I had cramps, a huge sinus headache, and my random vomitting had kicked in, so my stomach was feeling really rotten. I was so tired and trying to cook dinner. I was getting crabby, as I was feeling awful, and the smell of the food I was cooking was NOT helping things. My sweet little girl popped into the kitchen wearing Tica in the sling. She wanted to help me out, so I didn't have so much to do later. Since it was already tied and adjusted to fit me, it was obviously a little too long and Tica wasn't very secure at the moment of this photo. I adjusted it a little for her. It was such a sweet thought, though, and she looked pretty adorable trying to wear our little kitty girl.

New topic, probably only of interest to the ladies. I have discovered and fallen in love with my mooncup. I've been meaning to try one for a while but never quite got around to ordering it. Finally, after reading yet another article about the chemicals in tampons and the sheer waste that stuff creates, I was motivated enough to get online and order. Why oh why did I not do this years ago?! It is sheer freedom during that very unpleasant week. TMI alert! When I bleed, I hemorrhage! I can actually go through an extra super tampon and pad in 1/2 hour to an hour sometimes. My mooncup holds with no leakage for an entire day. I can also get through the entire night! That, my friends, is a gift that I never thought possible. It will pay for itself in about three months, because I don't need to purchase any other supplies anymore. There is no waste whatsoever. I don't feel it at all. There is simply no downside to it and a world of wonderfulness! I cannot recommend this highly enough. This is a win-win; it's great for the environment (which is the biggest and best reason for using this) and saves money and makes life easier. There are very few products that have this many benefits.

No comments :