Monday, February 02, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day

My poor hubby has been trying to grow his hair long since we've been married. Every single fall, he starts to grow it out. He makes it for a few months--sometimes nearly a year, and then he ultimately gets tired of it and gets it cut. He's always annoyed with himself for giving up and being a quiter. So this time he's made it longer than he ever has (since I got him anyway). It's been growing for over a year. In it's worst, most awkward phase, he went to get it trimmed and styled. First time ever. The women who worked for him got so tired of looking at messy hair hanging in his eyes that they chipped in and got him a gift certificate for a hair salon. They're wonderful women--employees and friends, and I thought it was a wonderful idea. It kept his frustration with the awkward phase of hair growth at bay for a couple of months longer. All this to say that I was completely shocked when he walked in the door tonight after his live gig on the news, dressed nice, looking good, but WITH SHORT HAIR! He totally wussed out and cut it before he went on tv! Now I will have to listen to him kick himself over the next several months, because he was SO. VERY. CLOSE. to having his perfect longish hair.

I hate when I don't blog over the weekend, and then I sit down to blog and can't remember what I did with the weekend! Continuing to get the rabbits settled in and bonded took up a good chunk of the weekend as well as tonight. We're getting to know each bunnies personality, likes/dislikes, and spending enough time with them that they start to love us as much as we already love them. They love each other and continue to get along fantastically. Our little humping Fergus is slowly getting better and humping a bit less each day. I will throw a celebration party once his damn testosterone level finally bottoms out! As it is now, when we have to leave the room to go to bed, it absolutely KILLS me to have to put little Fergus in his cage. I know it's only temporary, but I still feel like shit every time he looks up with his sad little cage face, and I still have to latch that door. Fiona hops right on over and stays next to him outside the cage. She seems to sleep by him for the majority of the night, too. She has this wonderful quiet, laid back, shy little nature that is so very sweet. Fergus on the other hand is outgoing and seems to be fearless. They are a very good match! We really got lucky with these two.

We had a date night Saturday, but just stayed in for the night. It was a very nice, relaxing night, and it was kind of fun to stay home for a change.

Saturday afternoon we went to see Dog Hotel. L. had her movie theater gift cards from xmas, and she decided that she wanted to see that movie with both of us and grandma (grandpa was out of town at a man's retreat). I generously offered to stay home, so she could save her gift card $, but she was insistent that we ALL had to go with her. As I feared, I spent part of the movie trying not to cry, and the rest of it trying not to cry too loudly. It was a cute movie, and L. loved it. Don Cheadle does a good job in everything he's in. I always enjoy him in movies. The girl who starred in it was the same one who played Nancy Drew. She's so adorable and doesn't seem to be as slutty as the other young tween stars. L. is already planning to spend the rest of her theater $ going to see Coraline (sp?). She is totally pumped about that movie.

Friday night Allegrea was finally able to make it over. She's been so busy and exhausted trying to keep her household going and take care of Austin since his accident, that we haven't been able to get any quality girl time. Mark went to bed early, and we caught up on decompressing together.

In all, the most exciting portion of my weekend was Friday night. I threw a stoner party full of debauchery and debasement. It was wild and hilarious and took several hours on Saturday to clean up and restore the house but oh so worth it. Parties like this don't happen every day. Directions for your very own party: 1) Acquire at least 2 oz. of the aromatic green weed--make sure it's organic! 2) Dump a pile of weed for each guest and a few extra piles just to be on the safe side. 3) Toss small balls, evenly distributing between piles. 4) Wait for guests to arrive and prepare to LYAO! Since I've done this before, I had the presence of mind (finally) to grab my camera. Behavior this unseemly just begs to be photographed and saved for a rainy day. ; )



No comments :