Monday, March 02, 2009



First and foremost, the highlight of the weekend was the kittens' arrival on Friday. They have grown a ton over the five days since we saw them last! Saturday night was the big turning point, with the first real kitten adventure. The little black/gray boy made his way out of their bed and explored the 'big outdoors'--Dejanique's old room. By Sunday, the rest of the kittens started leaving their bed and exploring. As soon as mommy calls, though, they all return to the bed and climb back in. It's very cute to watch them. Their curiosity has arrived in full force, and their big blue eyes are trying to take everything in. I think part of my time defecit lately has been due to the kittens. No doubt, my energy level is lower and I'm slower and less 'with it' these days, but I'm also spending a lot of time sitting in the room watching the kittens and playing with them and Sparta. Dej is doing a great job with caring for all of them, but also with making sure to give Sparta lots of love and attention. She's still a kitten herself at less than a year old, and though she's being a great mommy (especially for a first timer), she still has needs for a lot of cuddles and playtime. I'm pleased to see that both Dej and Joe spend a lot of time with Sparta, and she is not getting neglected in favor of the kittens.

I've felt under the weather since Saturday. I have some kind of pesky little intestinal virus, which has really kept me feeling kind of crappy. We modified our Saturday date night as I wasn't up to taking in a show in Madison and wasn't interested in eating out (or eating, really). We stayed in and didn't do much of anything. We watched our Absolutely Fabulous dvd (our current Netflix), which is always side-splittingly funny.

We made it to the protest on Sunday, which was extremely COLD. The wind chill was subzero, and despite being dressed warm, we were all miserable. We had around 15 show up, which was a pleasant surprise, considering the horrible weather! We called it a bit early, as we were truly concerned with people have frostbite issues. The drive-by support was phenomenal though, with an almost constant stream of horn honking.

We finally squeaked in enough time on Sunday for our mimosas. Dej left the protest with my parents, who took her and Joe out for lunch. When they got home, we all went to hang out with Sparta and the kittens and thoroughly enjoyed our mimosas. Definitely something we need to have more often!

Sorry for the 'bleh' entry, after my weekend break. I'm still not feeling right. I was home from work sick today, and just feel crappy and tired.

No comments :