Monday, March 23, 2009

Giant sausage fingers that are incapable of moving anything




















L. and I have both recovered fully from the little virus that hit us. Despite being under the weather, I was buoyed by the beatiful, unseasonably warm weather we had outside. I wasn't feeling the greatest and had to spend some time inside taking care of those chores, but I was outside every moment I could manage. M. was a total workhorse and made up for me moving a little slowly. He got most of the spring yard cleanup done, which puts us in the rare position of being ahead of schedule. That's a good thing, because we have to spread LOTS of compost and re-mulch this year, so that will take up a good chunk of the spring. This was the first weekend in a while that he hasn't had to speak somewhere and/or travel, and it will probably be one of the last for several months.

L. was outside from breakfast until bedtime, completely enjoying the little break from winter. She and Hunter pulled out all the yard toys--they played with bikes, pogo sticks, the swing set. They played at our house, his house, the park. They visited and hung out with their favorite neighbors, the Leders. It was a good weekend for all of us.

The beautiful weekend made it that much more difficult to get up and go to work on this cold, rainy, dark and dreary Monday. I got a taste of spring, and I'm just bitter that it's gone! On the positive side, though, I have kittens! Dej, Joe, Sparta and the kittens are staying here until next Sunday night, as Dej is off for spring break. I'm going to have a tough time staying productive with the kittens distracting me with cuteness all week long! A lot of my work in the evenings is programming stuff, though, so I can take the laptop in and sit on the floor with the kittens and try to do both.

The kittens have two modes now: running at full speed and passed out cold. There isn't much time wasted on in-between phases. They tear around at high speed, climbing, chasing, until they are so exhausted they just flop down and pass out. They are all using their litter boxes nicely. It's so fun to watch them work so hard at and eventually master their various motor skills. They are just so precious and full of their own individual giant personality. I feel so lucky to have them here to enrich our lives!

This little guy wore himself out. He wanted Allegrea to hold him like that for hours. She would put him in his little kitten bed, he would wake up, climb back onto Allegrea, and instantly konk out--sound asleep. She had a really hard time leaving him. :-D

I still have much work left to do tonight, so I'm off to be productive.

No comments :