Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mental fiction, follow me; show me what it's like to be set free

Morning: Unbelievably, a repeat performance of last Wednesday, except this week I left on time instead of earlier, causing me to arrive even later and have a harder time finding parking. Reminded myself all day that I needed to go to the correct parking ramp this time. Made it there.


Lunchtime: Famer's Market. Cold, damp, and dark. Got organic greens, so we could have happy bunnies. Unfortunately for my pudge, I found out that one of the booths has freshly-baked fruit bars that are vegan. I was immune to the temptation of the delicious-smelling fresh-baked goods at the market, because they weren't vegan. I'm no longer safe from their wiles. I should never have given in and eaten the yummy apricot bar. Now every Weds. when I walk past that booth, they will call my name. I can't even avoid the booth, because it's the one that Sarita always gets her scones from. I'm unable to resist vegan goodies. I'm just lucky that there aren't nearly as many of those as there are of the non-vegan type!

Workday: Managed to finish up what I had planned for today. YAY! I even had a few unexpected 'fires' that I had to put out but still managed to get through my list.

Afternoon: I love my mail woman today. She brought me another box of happiness from Sweet & Sara. I'm hooked on the coconut-covered marshmallows, which didn't sound all that good to me initially, but I'm so glad I tried them.

Evening: Chores, kids, critters.

Night: L is great at dropping these bizarre statements on me out of nowhere. She walked into my room, where I was waiting for her to get ready for bed. L: "Mom, at least your bosoms aren't hanging low like you're an old woman." How does one respond to a statment like that? Uh, thanks? Got her all settled in bed with her Tinkerbell flashlight next to her (after she checked to make sure the batteries were still good and strong) just in case we lose power in the thunderstorm. M and I will be watching the two-hour finale of LOST in just a few minutes. While I can't wait to watch it, it saddens me beyond words to think that it's done, DONE for another 8 months!

Tomorrow: A full day of homeschooling and Hallie & Lila see the vet for their annual check up and vaccination.

1 comment :

em for mighty said...

thanks for the tip on (mostly)vegan pizza rolls. im not super strict (i usually call myself "schmegan"). i still havent had a chance to order any marshmellows. but i look forward to doing that.
im so sad that they only reward us with LOST for such a small portion of the year!