Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Life in a cat house

M & I stayed up way too late last night watching Milk (from Netlix). No doubt about it, Sean Penn can act! He did a fabulous job, and it was a fantastic movie. Some of the scenes were very powerful and gave me goosebumps. It was really sad, though, and we still have a long way to go. The homosexual=pedophile=deviant logic was exactly the same propaganda that Rev. BS and the other liars in my childhood church pushed. I actually remember the whole Anita Bryant campaign of hate and the way the xtians worshipped her at that time. What a bad flashback!

Work was insanely busy today! A two-hour meeting early this morning about upcoming changes to our racial/ethicity data (required by the Feds) started out with me trying really hard to stay awake. It became much easier when hostile angry dude, who happened to be sitting right in front of us, started getting loud and cursing. I don't like to see people behave unprofessionally at work--emotions should stay at home, but I have to say that I kind of appreciated the help staying awake. My caffeine wasn't doing anything, but hostile angry dude kept me quite alert right up to the end. He stormed off with a final insult--calling us geeks. Ouch. We're IT people. Of course we're fucking geeks. He meant it to be an insult. We giggled.

I have a ton to do tonight in order to get ready for our camping trip. We leave tomorrow. The kids (D & J) will be staying here to keep the critter company. My mom will be helping with the pet care, and Chloe will be staying at "Grandma & Grandpa's". She needs a lot of help with her collar and loves to go to grandma's house, so she will have a little vacation there. I still have to pack, check Luciana's packed bag for appropriateness, get all the food packaged up for the cooler, and prepare the animal care sheets. Love camping. Hate the prep. Since we won't have Internet in the tent, and M wouldn't let me bring a laptop along anyway, I won't be back online until this weekend sometime.

L & H took over the big box that Tica's new cat tree came in and transformed it to a house for the cats. They cut windows and doors, made curtains, and decorated it for them. They started with a plan to color the whole thing white, but they quickly decided that was not fun and took too long. It even has a little front porch. The cats love it and have been hanging out in and on it since the kids set it up. Check out the cute little kitty paw prints they put on the front porch (barely peeking out from under Ivan). It even has a mailbox and address on the front by the door.

Ivan on the front porch

The top of it

Lila strolls along the roof

Oliver looks out the window

Hallie pays the boys a visit

1 comment :

em for mighty said...

have fun camping! enjoy your vegan marshmellows!