Saturday, June 27, 2009

Tenacious Tica

I've had a busy (but not productive) week, but more than that have just been feeling kind of antisocial. I'm hoping today was the last of the nasty hot days for a while. It's been too hot for too long!

M and I are getting more irritated by the minute with all of the Michael Jackson crap. I can't even watch the news obsessively, like I normally do, because all of the news channels are covering him all day every day. He sang and danced. Oooh. He and several million others can sing and dance well. He's never contributed anything positive to the earth (unless you count the singing and dancing). Even as far as being talented, MJ had absolutely nothing on Prince, who sings (better--wider range and more styles), dances (at least as well if not better), writes all of his own music & lyrics (in many different genres), plays seven different instruments masterfully--and he doesn't look like an artificially constructed freak. He's a completely pointless individual even if you completely ignore the fact that he's a child rapist. Suddenly he's a saint and the world's most important citizen. I just don't understand all the damn hoopla! The death of a drug-addicted, singing, dancing, child rapist is clearly more important than anything else in the world, including the unrest in Iran and the brutal killing of Neda--a death that really does matter to many and will for many years to come.

L finished her first week of summer school and still likes her classes. She's been quite busy this weekend. H spent the night last night. My friend Orinda and her boys came over this afternoon, and the kids played in the little inflatable pool outside, until they got too cold from the icy hose water and came back inside to play. As soon as the boys left, H came back over, and they've been playing since.

I got another very pretty little surprise from my etsy friend--another very cute little bag, and it has a little cat on it! I absolutely love it!

The other pictures from tonight's post are of our relentlessly persistent little beggar, Tica. M was still napping when L & I ate, so he ate later and was the only one still eating at the table. She really, really likes pizza (veggie) burgers and french fries, so it took two of us to keep her off his plate.

She is the only cat that I've allowed to be on the table while we are eating. I tried to not allow it for a while, but she never, ever gives up, and she's tiny and crippled and I can't tell her 'NO' very well. I counted one day. I was eating and removed her from the table and put her on the floor. By the time I turned back to the table to eat, she was back on top. This occurred 50 times in a row, in immediate procession. I gave up. It's really quite irritating, because we have to keep giving her food or guarding our plates with a hand to keep her from snatching. She's not picky either and will eat just about anything. That persistent, scrappy behavior is the only thing that kept her alive for the two years she was a street cat in a nasty part of Beloit, so I'm really grateful that she's that way. I just wish she'd give us a couple of hassle free meals each week. There's just no bargaining with a cat!

Hmmm. I guess I'm still in my antisocial mode, and I simply don't feel like typing anything else right now.

2 comments :

em for mighty said...

seriously, ive been pissy all week & unable to even blog due to my mood. this hot this soon & in wisconsin just blows.
i dont have tv so i dont see the mj blowup, but i have gotten a whiff of it online. (i like to stay a little dumb).
prince is hot, smokin' hot, but he is an arrogant litte fuck...:)
antmusic for sexpeople is all im sayin'....

Anonymous said...

Hey how much is a case of that mt dew throw back in Janesville? I can't get it here unless I go all the way into houston!! ugh!! I will be out there for only a day in July to get Vickie, I am trying to find a hotel right now the Ramada inn is gone?? what the?? anyway email me and tell me how much that dew is I am going to have vickie pick some up for me to bring back for Mark.