Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Two on Tuesday

I spent several hours on Sunday kneeling in front of my front door snapping photos of Luciana's art. I've found that photographing objects works best there, because I have natural light coming in through the door and I don't have to use the flash. It isn't a fun job. It's even worse, because I tend to procrastinate tedious, unpleasant tasks. So I had let this stack grow for quite a long time. I hate myself everytime I procrastinate things like this, yet I continue to do it. I photographed over 300 items. It sucked and my back hurt by the time I was done. I'm so glad it's done though (although she's so prolific that the stack will be huge again in no time)! I had fun revisiting her creations. Most were from within the last few months, but there were several older items that I found while cleaning my desk that I never got around to photographing. Here are two of her creations that brought a smile to my face:

1. Sky and Sagan, our parakeets- 8.5 x 11", using markers


2. A cat's eye- 8.5 x 11", using colored and graphite pencils. She spent quite a long time working on this, trying to get just the right shading. I noticed while I was photographing her art, that quite early on, she made a point to put the catchlights in all of the eyes she drew. I was pretty impressed by her early attention to a detail that small!

2 comments :

em for mighty said...

very cool. i keep hoping my boys will have some of my love of art & creating...so far they are way more in to destruction & eating the art supplies...but smearing paint with them is fun.

VeganMom said...

My experience with the boys in my life is that they usually get to the 'art' stage at 4 or 5. They'll love it and do just fine with creating once they get a little older.