Thursday, January 13, 2011

11!

Luciana's 11th birthday was Monday, and unfortunately, this has been one of the more stressful weeks as far as work, so I couldn't take the day off to hang with her. This is one of those times where it's been really nice that I can work from home or the stree would be worse! I've been able to plug away and put lots of extra hours in getting some very time-critical work done without having to be away from my family.


Even after having a smaller xmas, L couldn't come up with anything to put on a birthday list. M & I ended up getting her an Amazon gift card which she has decided to use to replace her old computer monitor with a flat screen. My parents got her some gift cards and a pegasus she's wanted. Her gift from her sister was to spend the afternoon shopping together at the mall (which I hate!), and they are going this afternoon. L is so excited about that. Dej did the same thing last year, and L doesn't care much about the shopping part but loves having her sis's undivided attention.

She wanted to go out for a veg burger at Red Robin, so we had her birthday dinner there and then came back to our house for dessert. L requested my mom's mint fudge brownies for her birthday 'cake'.
(That's Mark smooshing Dej's head.)
As with every birthday, M did his decorating, so that when L came down on Monday morning, the house was very festive for her birthday.

No comments :