Sunday, January 23, 2011

Missing weekend

This weekend was essentially a lost weekend, as L had another Bharatanatyam performance. The dress rehearsal was Friday night, and the performance itself was Saturday. The rehearsal and show were both in Waunakee, which is a bit more than an hour drive one way. I also had to spend a good deal of time Thurs. and Fri. sewing and making alterations for her costume. That left us with today to get the whole weekend's chores done.

She did the same dance as in her last performance (Chilanga Katti) with some minor changes. We all thought she did a great job--a little better than the last one even. I was much less nervous this time, because I didn't have to worry about her cosutme and/or jewelry falling off during her dance.

We got everything done and had a little time left tonight to play a game. L got some new board games for her birthday, and we played one she got from her uncle Dan, called Labyrinth. It was a pretty fun game. We're looking forward to playing again soon.

She and M also spent some time today finishing the second Lord of the Rings movie. He is working through all of them with her. That now leaves me as the only (sane) family member who finds those movies repulsive in every way possible and not remotely entertaining. M & the girls love them though, so I'm definitely alone on that. I'm happy for him that the girls share one of his passions, but I can't remotely see what the appeal is.

I was downstairs working on a birdhouse project for a while when they were watching, and I'm glad I was. I wanted L to watch V for Vendetta, which is definitely in my top three movies--maybe top two, but M thought it was still too violent for her. After witnessing the disgusting carnage in the movie they were watching tonight and hearing L laugh at it, I think she can handle my movie. I think the next night or weekend that M has a presentation and we have a girls' night, we will be watching V for Vendetta. YAY!!

No comments :