Monday, January 17, 2011

It's Always Sunny

Saturday afternoon brought L's third birthday celebration with M's side of the family. Grandma & Grandpa D came, and L chose to eat her birthday meal at Green Owl in Madison. We visited for a bit after they arrived, and L opened up her gifts, and then we piled into the car and went for an early dinner at Green Owl. The food was good, as always. We returned back home, had some birthday cake (M used her 8 candle from a few years ago, along with three standard candles, she giggled when she saw it) visited for a bit more and then they headed home.

We had to do a quick clothes change and get ready for the opera for which we had tickets later that night. It was then and only then that L thought to inform me that the black dress pants I had just gotten her fit nicely, but she had outgrown all of her dressy tops and they were all in the donate bag. That left me with ten minutes to come up with an appropriate top for her. I found a nice crocheted cardigan that Dej had outgrown and put in the donate bag. It was a little big but close enough, and it went over her nice sleeveless top and made for a passable outfit. I guess I have to take her shopping for a nice dressy top.

My parents picked us all up in the van (Dej and her...uh...friend came too, but I couldn't get Hunter to go for it), and Mark drove us all to the performance. We watched Madama Butterfly, which I love! It was very enjoyable, though the women seemed to enjoy it much more than the guys. As many times as I've seen it, it still made me cry, which is annoying and ridiculous.

Every single time, I'm hoping for a different ending. The ending I want to see consists of Butterfly, instead of slitting her own throat, surprising Pinkerton by slitting his instead. Sharpless, being sympathetic to her plight would help get rid of the body and cover the very justified murder, and Butterfly, Suzuki, and Kate would all stay together and raise Sorrow to be a better man than his father.

No comments :