Sunday, February 07, 2010

Vegantines

Mark was out of town much of last week, so I was doubly busy. L & I had some nice 'girl time' while he was gone. She slept in the bed with me, which upset Tica, L's usual bedmate. I was awakened by the horrible sound of a cat barking. It was an ugly sound at 3 am, and I tracked down the source of the horrible racket. Tiny little five pound Tica was standing in the middle of L's bedroom, with her mouth wide open, making this loud ugly barking noise. She was pissed. I carried her into my room and turned the light on so she could see L. She was fine after that, though she was super happy Friday night when M came home and L returned to her own bed for the night.

We had L's dance class today, and then home. M & I worked out chores, while L & Hunter played. After the work was done and I got dinner cleaned up, we started working on another family puzzle in front of a nice roaring fire. It's one of several my friend, Orinda, gave us. They are all 'mystery puzzles'. We are working on one called 'F for Feline'. It has two 500 piece puzzles, but all 1000 pieces are thrown together in the box. There is no picture. Both puzzles will contain clues that we have to find and use to solve the mystery. It came with a little book that gave the story of the crime. We read the story and got some chunks put together but we still have a long way to go. It drives me crazy to leave things unfinished like that, and I have to restrain myself from sneaking back up to work on it. We will keep plugging away at it this week as time allows.

We went to Vegantines last night (date night). We picked up our friend, Julie, who came as M's other date. :) I was not able to wear my dress, but it wasn't due to it not fitting. I found that with the heavy-duty minimizer & shapewear, I had plenty of room. The zipper got stuck on a little piece of the fabric, and I yanked it too hard and broke the zipper. I'm sending it out to have a new zipper put in and I will definitely wear it. I didn't actually break the zipper until 10 minutes before the time we were supposed to leave. I always get dressed last. I improvised with a very comfy summer dress (that I love and have worn many, many time) with a sheer black cardigan and lots of shiny jewelry.

Dinner was provided by the same caterer, Queene Anne's. They had recently lost their chef, which may explain why the food this year wasn't nearly as good. The event was packed--sold out again! It was fun. We had a great time chatting with our friends and enjoying Julie's company.

M has been on a cranberry juice and vodka kick lately and raves about how good it is. I joined him and tried a couple last night. They were really good. I dragged him out to the dance floor and got him to stay and dance for four songs. I was not at all ready to be done dancing. It gave us more time to visit with friends though, I guess. Rick & Lynn looked absolutely fabulous, as always, and her hair was beautiful (and she put it up herself!) I am bummed that we didn't get pics of them or Julie! Julie looked gorgeous as well. The place was full of beautiful people. That's how vegans are. ;D

M was camera boy for the night, as I didn't bring mine. We got kind of engrossed in the night itself and forgot about taking pics for most of the night. :( They had a photographer there again this year doing 'prom pictures', so at least we've got that!

No comments :