Sunday, February 28, 2010

Look at me, look at your man, now back to me

Earlier tonight, M was working on a presentation, and L was snacking on a baked potato. I got the clippers to work on trimming Chloe's last rear dewclaw. As soon as she saw me enter the room with clippers in my hand, she ran over to the couch, launched herself up, skittered up the back, and attempted to hide behind M & L. After we finally got her down and back on to the floor, she quickly lay down, making her back feet inaccesible. Eventually, we came to an agreement, and she very reluctantly allowed me to pull her feet out. It took quite a while, and I'm glad it's done.

As soon as the dogs finished swimming on Friday, the three of us (the humans) left for DeKalb, IL, where M was speaking Saturday. We stayed at a hotel, and L & I just hung out and swam while he was speaking.

Here's my adorable Tica making use of the ottoman that I don't need and purchased anyway. It's been sitting in the middle of my living room, since I got it a couple of weeks ago. I love it. It's toile. It has birds on it. The top comes off, allowing lots of storage space. How could I not love it. I successfully walked past it, admiring it, in Target many times before. This day, it was on clearance. It was a really, really good clearance, making it ridiculously cheap. It was the last one. How could I pass on that?

Here's the problem. It doesn't really match the living room. It matches the dining room that I want to create but don't yet have. It would look cute in our family room, but the dogs hang out down there unsupervised, and tend to chew/eat furniture. It's still sitting in the middle of the living room, where I put it when I brought it home. L has been using it to have Daisy jump over when she is working on her version of agility training. Petey keeps trying to sharpen his claws on it, and I plan on winning that battle. Tica loves to lie on top of it, and she looks very cute and queenly on it.

No comments :