Monday, November 01, 2010

Last week in review

We’ve had a very busy week! Lots of headaches and little sleep. I haven’t even been able to squeeze in blogging time. Since my memory is not good, I have kept little notes of the high point. Here’s the week in review.

MONDAY: Jasper got his stitches removed but not his e-collar. Petey also had to go in for Xrays. After completing a round of Clavamox for a urinary infection, his urine on Sunday was full of blood. Xrays showed no stones or blockages, so he was put on a different antibiotic.

TUESDAY: Worked am & pm with chores in between.

WEDNESDAY: Alliance for Animals Board meeting. Day two of the worst wind I’ve ever driven in. The Interstate drive to work and back on both Tues. & Weds. was really rough! The drive back to Madison for Weds. night’s board meeting was unreal. It took all of my upper body strength to keep the Corolla in my lane! The lovely Marina brought a bowl full of pumpkin seeds, and I used all of the internal strength I had to keep from scarfing them down greedily.

THURSDAY: Full school day for L & I. History used to be one of her favorite subjects, but she’s grown very tired of it and annoyed that it’s, “…just a bunch of dumb men fighting for a piece of land or an imaginary god”. I fear that will always be the one-sentence summary of human existence. My midterm grades were due, so I spent a fair bit of time getting all the grading finished, so I could calculate and enter all of the grades.

FRIDAY: Logan & Colton came bright and early in the morning to spend the day playing with us. H joined us in the afternoon. Weather was decent enough that the kids played outside for the majority of the day. All four got along well, so it was a pretty good day for everyone. After a dinner of baked potatoes with chili (H & L both LOVE that meal), the kids played until they finally went to sleep (quite late). Dej came over and hung out with us for the evening.

SATURDAY: L carved her pumpkins, and I made a delicious batch of pumpkin seeds for us to snack on and enjoy. We LOVE pumpkin seeds! She carved three pumpkins, but with the shortage of time, I only got a photo of the first one.

No comments :