Friday, June 08, 2007

Be afraid. Be very afraid...


It has happened. Dej got her driver's license this morning! We got to Portage early and had a chance to drive around a bit for practice. I had also made her drive the whole way to Portage, although she didn't want to. She hates interstate driving but desparately needs more practice. We made it, even through the rain! She did fine. It was painful for me to make her keep the speed between 65-70. I HATE going that slow on the interstate! The guy who gave her the road test was very nice. We both liked him immediately, so I was really pleased that she didn't get some evil DMV grump. She was nervous enough as it was. I told her after her practice drive that she was taking corners and curves too fast and a little sloppy. That's basically the same thing he told us after the test. That was what she got points deducted for. Thank god she made it though, I think. Btw, I only got this pic because I told her she could only drive to see Levi & Jessica if I could get a decent pic of her with her license and evaluation sheet. Yes, bribery, blackmail, whatever works. Hey, I have a teenager, which means I gave up all pretense of pride years ago.

When we got back to Jvl, we picked L. up from my mom's, and D. really wanted to drive over to her friend's to show them that she passed. Since Levi only lives five blocks away, I had to give in a let her go, even though I don't feel that she's really ready to drive by herself. She and the car both returned alive. L. & I met Orinda, Logan, Colton, and Denny at El Jardin's for lunch, as usual. After that we weeded and played outside, pretty much until bedtime. L. got to play with Hunter again this afternoon/evening. I am so happy to see them having so much fun together! I love that she has a neighborhood friend again. Not a very exciting day, but productive and very pleasant.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Congratualations Dejanique!!! we are so proud of you!!!

MB said...

How could you let this happen? Think of all the children. I'm not driving in Janesville anymore.

Michael