Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A new friend for Luciana

This afternoon was the much anticipated play date. Luciana and Hunter played together from shortly after we got home until nearly bedtime. I usually interrupt her playing to have her come eat dinner, but they were having so much fun I just let them play. She came in and ate and then got ready for bed. They seem to have a lot in common and ran back and forth between the two houses. I'm so happy for her to have a friend in the neighborhood--especially now that it's nice outside. He didn't seem bothered by her bossing him around either, so that bodes well. Tomorrow will be her play date at Logan's, and they have some grand outdoor adventures planned involving bugs and turtles. I hope the weather cooperates.

There wasn't much produce at the farmer's market today, as it's still pretty early in the season. There were a lot of plants, which I mostly resisted, because I still have a driveway full of plants that need to go into the garden. I did have to get some scented geraniums, though. I LOVE those and couldn't find as many this year as I normally have. I also got L. a strawberry plant to put in the garden by the cataloupe. She has been really wanting to grow her own berries. I also got two pints of organic strawberries.

Dej had a short day today because of finals. She got bored enough to make chocolate chip cookies! Yea!! I haven't tried one yet, but L & Hunter really enjoyed them. She had to work tonight and tomorrow night. She only has one exam tomorrow, so her school year officially ends tomorrow morning at 9:30. She's pretty excited.
Today was kind of a boring dreary day, and the weather didn't cooperate with my weeding plans. My roses continue to bloom and look stunning so far, although I'm a little worried about powdery mildew with all the rain and humidity we've had lately. Medallion is one of my favorite roses. It has beautiful peach blooms that smell wonderful. Enjoy!

No comments :