Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tree girl











I weeded as a lefty tonight. I was as slow as I thought I would be. I'm looking at tonight as the first of my lefty training program. It will certainly be beneficial, even after the hand injury heals up. I've lost so much of the use of my right hand already, and it will continue to get worse, so this forces me into training. I've already learned to mouse lefty. I've switched my mouse at work and use it exclusively left-handed now. I often mouse left at home, too. I am having a hard time using my left hand on my laptop touch pad. That will take a lot more work. Clumsy and slow. What a great combination! ;) While I was weeding, Luciana kept me company by trying to climb the locust that I love ('Twisty Baby') and chatting away. I love our weeding time together! Mark got the lawn mower's blades sharpened, so that should greatly improve the summer mowing work.

Luciana also wandered down a few houses (with my permission) to introduce herself to Hunter. He's a year younger than her. They hit it off well. Whenever I see him playing outside in the front, he's alone. She's lonely for neighborhood friends, too, so I hope this will be a good thing for both of them. It was almost bedtime by the time she went over there tonight, so she told him she would be back tomorrow afternoon to play. She's so friendly and cute. I love the way she makes friends everywhere--it's so easy for her (that's definitely from Mark and NOT from me!).
Dej went for a long drive with Grandpa tonight. She needs to practice before the road test, and he offerred to take her out. Things seemed to go well, and she returned home in a better mood than she left in:)
Petey has created some extra work for me the last couple of days. Yesterday when I sat down at my craft table to scrap, I saw that it was covered in stuff. Petey had wreaked havoc on my craft table--even though I didn't see the act, there's no doubt it was him! Everything was a jumbled nightmare. I spent my scrapping time cleaning and reorganizing all my supplies. It wasn't how I wanted to spend my time, but I have to admit, it is more organized and neat than it was before, so it turned out to be a good thing. Tonight, he trashed my side of the closet, again. Clothes were knocked off hangers onto the floor, sweaters and other items knocked off the shelf, his usual closet destruction. I did see him do that. I cleaned it up, but there was no plus side to that. I've had to do the same thing about twice a week lately.

No comments :