Thursday, June 28, 2007











I did get some pics of the cats, but they aren't the greatest. I have a hard time getting good photos of cats anyway, but then with kittens, they are either passed out asleep or in constant motion. It makes it even harder to get a good picture. The first shots are the little boy--he's really hard to shoot, because he's so light. The next two are the little girl. The last shot is Harley (mommy). I am going to have to try again for the great shots I was hoping for. I have read so many photography books, I have a very nice camera, I try to experiment a lot to get better at getting the lighting/focus/composition perfect, but I remain a mediocre photographer. It's frustrating!

Our entire evening was spent on grocery shopping. We went after dinner. The shopping and putting away took over two hours. I so hate grocery shopping! By the time we got home, it was past L's bedtime, and she has school tomorrow, which she is already telling me she doesn't want to go to. She's too much of a free spirit to enjoy going somewhere all day everyday. It's just not her thing. I will have her stick with it, because a little bit of stretching her tolerance will be good for her. I just don't want to break her or destroy the happy, free soul that she is.
We got a bit of gardening done this afternoon, before dinner. I got the whole flat of impatiens in, and Mark and I did a bit of weeding in the back garden. Yes, Mark weeded. As I've said before, he does a TON of work outside and in the garden, but he rarely weeds at home. I was surprised. L. wasn't happy, because Hunter was at his Grandma's and couldn't play this afternoon, so she was stuck outside with just us again. How she suffers.

My mom and I went out to get a second swimming suit for L today. With swim everyday and vacation coming up, we really need a second suit. There aren't too many choices this time of year. I can't believe how many of the suits in her size are bikinis. What the hell is wrong with people that a tiny little girl needs to wear a bikini? It does nothing but expose more area to sunblock and cause problems for the little girl trying to play in the water while dealing with a top that rides up or slides down in the water. I actually had to enter the dreaded mall to find one. At our fourth store, we finally found one that: a) she liked; b) was her size; c) I liked; d) was practical and appropriate for her age.

No comments :