Thursday, July 23, 2009

Daylilies and a deluge


I got about 45 minutes of weeding time in before the rain started. It went from 0 to 100 in about 15 seconds. There were a couple of cold drops of rain. I grabbed my tools and bucket and just that quickly it was a deluge. I was absolutely drenched with cold rain. I really hoped to get at least another hour of weeding in, but I'm not totally heartbroken over the reprieve. The mosquitoes were eating me alive out there!

The kids immediately grabbed their umbrellas and started playing. They're still outside playing in the puddles, though I think it's done raining. They're so cute and full of joy! Usually. I need to wrap this up and go bring the kids in, and get my girl cleaned up and in bed.

Tomorrow is her last day of her week at 'college for kids'. It's only for one week, but it's a wonderful program. Dej attended when she was younger, too. L chose the classes, "Architecture" and "Breaking Things". Tomorrow I get to go in to see what they've been doing all week, because it's parents' day. I took her in this morning and walked her into the building and to the top of the stairs, where she told me that I didn't need to go any further with her. Apparently she's too grown up to have her mom walk her to the classroom door and give her a kiss. I guess I'm grateful that she let me walk her all the way to the top of the stairs and give her a kiss. Soon enough, that won't be allowed either. :(

Here are some of the daylilies that are blooming in our garden right now.














No comments :