Thursday, July 02, 2009

It's Slinky, it's Slinky. It's fun for a girl or a boy...

M worked on the slinky for about 30 seconds, turned to L, and said, "I'd rather just buy you a new one." She decided since her parents were hopelessly inept with detangling, to create a slinky sculpture. It's abstract. It's pointless. It's modern art. I bet if I tried hard enough, I could get some dumb ass rich collector to spend lots of money on the sculpture. Any bidders? ;)

You'll notice Lila's foot in the picture. Despite me trying to shove her away, she managed to get part of her giant self in every shot I took. Every single time I sit on the floor to take pictures, she appears instantly and just keeps parading back and forth in front of me. It drives me crazy. I can call her name repeatedly (she knows it well and responds to it when she wants to), only to be ignored, but the minute I pull the camera out, she's right in front of me. It's like magic.

We took L & H to see Ice Age III tonight. It was cute, and I really liked it--mostly because it didn't make me cry at all. All movies should be that way, especially children's movies. The kids giggled through most of it, and we all loved the squirrels & the acorn.

1 comment :

em for mighty said...

that was exactly my idea when finian & his cousin pulled apart the slinky id just bought him. make slinky art (& wait til he's a little older or not around his cousin to buy him a new one)--great minds think alike.
happy independence day!