Saturday, September 12, 2009



Darwin, Saffron, and Kealy - the first to get to their nightly snack.



I took some pics tonight in the birdroom, while everyone was enjoying their fresh greens and strawberries. Except Botswana, who doesn't like greens and only ate a strawberry.

Fiona & Fergus - Despite having a variety of chewing material in the room, they always chew the foam off of the mats on the floor. They are still chewing away on the couch, too. >:-[



Botsi loves to run around on us during our nightly reading time.

I spent half of today chauffering a precious little kitten to Verona, and the remaining portion listening to my dumbass neighbor trying to use a bobcat to take out a giant tree stump. The tree was a huge, gorgeous sugar maple--probably 75 years old or more. There was nothing wrong with it. It apparently bothered the neighbor, though, what with all the leaves and shade. The rest of the neighbors are appalled as well. It has ruined the picturesque look of our street! Who rips out a gorgeous, healthy shade tree that's in the terrace? M & I are getting a little chuckle out of the fact that their air conditioning bill is going to skyrocket. That provided shade to the entire front of their house, which is almost all windows. Idiots. Yeah, anyway, instead of grinding out the stump like normal people do, he decides he's going to pull it out with a bobcat. Clearly a man who has no understanding of how tree roots work. He's still out there working with the headlights on! Can't wait until daylight to see what kind of mess is out there.

I picked up the kitten from an empty duplex today. This little tiny guy was there all by himself in this empty house. Poor little thing came running as soon as the door opened. I swung by my vet's office to pick up a dose of Revolution, so he didn't take anything into the wonderful no-kill shelter I was taking him to. We had absolutely no place to put him, and Angel's Wish was so helpful in squeezing in a spot in a foster home for him. I've never been to their shelter before (in Verona), and I was quite impressed by it today.

While on I90, shortly before my beltline exit, I started smelling something nasty. I asked the kids (L & H), who were in the back with the kitten, if either of them had crapped themselves (my classy way of asking if they farted), and they said it was the kitten, and he'd been farting for quite a few miles. I guess it took a bit for the smell to travel up to me. I then proceeded to tease the kids about blaming their nasty farts on a poor innocent little kitten. By this point in the conversation, we're on the beltline, and the smell has gotten much more intense. I started to gag. I asked if the kitten had pooped. They said no. I asked what the kitten was doing, they said, "he's sitting." Me: "sitting?" Luce: "uhhhh...eeewww, he's pooping. Well fuck.

By the time we arrived at the shelter, nearly 20 minutes later, we were slightly dizzy from all the breath holding we did in an effort to survive the toxic waste in the Corolla with us. We were so happy to get out of that car. I then had the pleasure of cleaning up. We felt pretty good for the ride home, we left the little sweety in capable, loving hands, and we could breathe without wretching.

No comments :