Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Dassera!

A very busy weekend!

I spent all day Saturday painting. I needed to remove some wallpaper and repaint the side entryway and some areas in the family room. It was not fun at all, but I am glad I got so much done.

Saturday night was date night, and M surprised me with tickets to opening night of the symphony at the beautiful Coronado Theater (in Rockford). The featured violinist was fantastic! We had a very nice time. The beautiful music is so well complemented by the stunning decor that I was thrilled to have another few hours to gaze at. You know what you don't see enough of at the opening night of the symphony? Tattoos. Definitely not a tattooed crowd.

My entire day today was spent in the kitchen. Yuk! I baked 5 dozen cupcakes for a baby shower I'm throwing this week (for a woman I barely know, but that's a long story for another day). More accurately, 4 dozen for the shower, 1 dozen for the family. In the midst of baking, I also made pizza for dinner. We ended up being so short on time that we had to take our pizza to eat on the way to Madison (to the Dassera celebration).


L didn't have dance today, as there was a Dassera celebration tonight--L's first Bharatanatyam performance. She was very nervous, but she did fine. The room wasn't conducive to good pictures, but at least you can sort of see her. The performances were quite enjoyable, and Meenakshi sang beautifully! I need to get a pretty salwar kameez for myself. All of the women looked so beautiful--even the other American women, and my American clothes were not nearly as pretty. Or sparkly. I want to sparkle too, dammit.

No comments :