Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Meet Valentino!

<-- This is Valentino. He will be staying with us for a few months while his mom recovers from a bad car accident. They were very sad to have to leave each other, and it made me feel so bad for both of them. She will be coming to visit him when she can.

Saffron and Cypress (also doves) were very excited to see one of their own kind and have been competing for Valentino's attention. He just arrived this afternoon and is getting acclimated to his new environment. He's very sweet and affectionate, and we're excited to get to know him better.


He has met all of the birds, the rabbits, and Luciana even introduced him to Botswana, who is always curious about anyone new in his room.

We made it to the farmer's market during work today. Poor Sarita has been struggling with problems with one of her apps (hosed by an Oracle upgrade), and really needed to get out of our office! It's hard to take the time to step away when things aren't working, but it really helps.

The canteloupes are officially done for the season, so I will have to wait several months to enjoy them again. Once they are available at the market, I make sure to always have one cut up and ready to snack on in the fridge. I am completely addicted to them! I was able to get one last week, but no more. I'm mourning the loss of my sweet, delicious melons! That's a word I can't actually say in front of my husband, because he cannot hear that word without turning into a snickering adolescent.

No comments :