Friday, May 18, 2007

A perfect, spring Friday




One of Luciana's D&D characters is Charlotte, an Egyptian girl. Luciana decided to really get into the role today. She emerged from her bedroom this morning fully dressed, and, I didn't know at the time, but she was decorated as Charlotte. I noticed immediately the "eyeliner" (black marker) she had on. The clothes actually stayed on until dinner tonight, which is a long time for her to wear clothing. Once she was in her underwear, the full glory of Charlotte was revealed. Not only did she have the Egyptian eye thing going on, but she had Egyptian tattoos on her legs. She drew a scorpion, a camel, a snake, and a dolphin. I'm not totally sure on why those are all Egyptian, but it works for her.

She told me today while we were driving to El Jardin for our Friday lunch, that when she gets old enough to have tattoos, she will have four of them: a brownish red snake that wraps around her stomach, a dragon on the inside of each wrist, and a tarantula on the back of her neck. Okay! She is quite original. Mark has a dragon on his back, and I have a tat on the back of my neck, but all similarities end there. None of our friends, many of whom are also heavily inked, have any of those types of tattoos. That's all her.

I got a lot of housework and weeding done today, but never nearly enough. I started the morning off with a nice long phone call from Kathy. Luciana spent a good portion of the day reading her Ramona book. She's really enjoying the book, and I'm so happy that she's taken to independent reading. We didn't even pick our next poem today, because she was so into the book, I didn't want to disturb her little groove.

Mark is picking Dejanique up from work right now, and our friend, Pat, is coming over any minute. Luciana is in bed and will hopefully get to sleep before Pat arrives. I am stuck upstairs until she goes down.

Oh for the love of god! Petey just knocked something over downstairs again. I just heard a big thump, and he's the only cat that's not in my sight right now. He also managed to lose yet another collar this week! His latest joy is tipping over the kitchen trash and digging through. He will eat almost anything and learned that he can find treasures in there.

UGH!! Pat just got here a bit early, and Mark hasn't yet returned with Dej. I had to send him downstairs with my farting dogs to hang out and watch TV until Mark returns or Luciana gets to sleep. Dej apparently also has friends coming over to hang out, but since we had our plans first, she will have to hang out with them upstairs--at least until the little one gets to sleep. I'm feeling a bit chaotic right now!

No comments :