Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wednesday without LOST :(




No more new LOST episodes until February! I'm in serious mourning. We will be re-watching season 2 episodes until we can get the season 3 dvds and re-watch those.

Today was beautiful, although we never got the rain we needed and were supposed to get. The good side of that is that I got a lot of weeding done, and I didn't think I was going to be able to work outside tonight. I actually enjoy weeding. Time flies when I'm working in the garden, and weeding, especially, is meditative for me. I have a hard time stopping once I get started. The only part I don't like is the never-endingness of it--like housework. By the time you get the last area weeded, the first is infested again. Luciana chatted with me and worked on her "karate" moves while I worked. It's so nice to be outside with my girl.

Sweetie-cat went to the vet tonight, and she was NOT a happy girl. She's all set--immunized and de-wormed. Now I just have to wait for the FIV and and FeLV test results. They will be in tomorrow or Friday. The wait really, really sucks. She was a little miffed at me after we got home, but she got over it and was her cuddly, sweet self again by bedtime. She's a smart little bugger! I tried to take some pictures of her, but she hated the flash. After the second pic, she took off and hid under L's bed. I waited 3 or 4 hours and went back in to try again, as I wasn't thrilled with the first two pics I got. As soon as she saw me put the camera up to eye level, she took off under the bed again. I will probably be stuck with the two measly pics I have, because I don't want to upset her with the flash. If we get a bright, sunny day before she goes to her new home, I may get lucky with some shots. My Baxter boy has to go in tomorrow morning to get his teeth cleaned. I have to put all the food up, as he can't eat anymore tonight. I'm going to have five angry little men in the morning!

Today was just crazy! After I got home from work, then home from the vet, while making dinner, first Woods stopped by (unexpected, but very welcome). L was ecstatic to see Kayla and Emily! We will be going to their house Saturday for a cookout, and Luciana is SO excited. Then, Julie stopped by (again, unexpected, but very welcome) to set up our lunch plans for Friday. She had Lola with her, as they had just left the vet's--we must have just missed each other there. It was nice to see Lola again--she's such a cutie. Then my parents dropped by. It was like Grand Central Station. I felt very popular, briefly :)

I was devastated to find that there is another report of a person finding sick/dying puppies tossed in the dumpster behind Petland. This time there were three puppies--she heard whimpering coming from the dumpster and found them. Mike Sardina, the human piece of shit who owns the store, told the woman that she could not remove the three puppies from the dumpster. She returned after closing to find that two of the puppies had died, but she was able to save one. The police are now involved (FINALLY), but I don't hold out much hope, as they have been about as helpful as mesh condoms with most animal abuse/neglect issues. They simply don't care unless it is something that generates income for the department, like those ever dangerous speeders and rolling stoppers. I am so fed up with Petland.

No comments :