Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Hectic day, but very exciting!!

Today was beautiful and summer-ish, but it's my long day at work, and I had lots to do, so I didn't get to enjoy it. This weekend should be nice again, and I will definitely be gardening, so I will get to enjoy the weather then. We had a delicious dinner at my mom's tonight. She tried a new recipe, which is always stressful--especially with my picky girls, but it turned out well. Luciana was pretty pokey, but she did eat it all. Right after dinner, I had to take Dejanique to the mall to get an outfit for the interview tomorrow. She picked out a cute outfit, but sadly, as it's not jeans, she will probably wear it ONLY for the interview tomorrow. Shopping with her is so not fun. She needs a small/medium on the majority of her body, but a large/extra large for her chest. She refuses to wear anything that is a size Large, because it just hangs loosely and fits poorly on the rest of her body, so we have a horrible time finding shirts for her. It usually results in one or both of us being pissed off, because she can't get what she wants, and I don't like the way her tops fit! UGH!! Anyway, by the time we finished that traumatic experience, I forgot to get gas for my car and stop at the pharmacy, both of which needed to be done tonight. I don't have enough gas to get to work in the morning. I returned home to find Mark and Luciana playing, of course, D&D. By the time I got dishes done, I only had a few minutes left to hang out with M & L, before it was time for our bedtime reading.

The best and most exciting part of the whole day is that I was able to get tickets to see the Dalai Lama in Madison this Thursday. Mark, Luciana, and I will be going. The last time I saw him was probably 9 or so years ago, and it was a WONDERFUL experience. I would definitely place it up there in my list of best experiences. I am so excited to be able to see him again! I am a little bit concerned with Luciana going, because it's a two hour talk by him. I'm hoping she can follow it and get something from it, but since I'm a realist, I will take her drawing stuff. If she doesn't find him as entrancing as I do, she can amuse herself for hours drawing. It's important that she goes, because this is probably a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for her. I have never had any desire to see or get autographs from famous people. I don't even comprehend why someone would want to do that! I am in awe of His Holiness, though, and really feel honored to be in his presence. I still have no desire for an autograph, though :) Dejanique is not going, and I am pretty unhappy about that.

No comments :