Monday, April 20, 2009

desolate



Chloe likes some of the cats more than others. She especially likes Jasper and Oliver. She likes the kittens, too, but she likes this little gray guy the best, probably because he doesn't hiss at her as much as the others do. Chloe has also met Jezebel and Daisy, close up. We all piled on the couches and hung out for several peaceful hours. The frequent butt sniffing was irritating after a while, but I finally told Mark to stop it...LOL! Okay, really Daisy was the big butt sniffer (big surprise), but she stopped after a few "Ceasar corrections". No fights, which was I'm really pumped about. We will have no problems integrating Chloe into the "pack".

We are still trying to find a home worthy of this <--- little sweetie, but the white and gray boys (the twins) went to their new home this weekend. I'm horrifically depressed and can't stop crying. This is why I can't foster kittens. I will definitely miss them, but that's not really what kills me. It's the breaking up of a very happy family that keeps me up at night. It's the sound of their mommy calling for them, as we put them in the carrier and took them out the door. It's the image of them so very small and confused, being left in the middle of the floor with strangers, wondering where the only family (cats and humans) that they've ever known has gone and why they just dumped them. It's Sparta's questioning eyes and trill, because she can't find her babies--the babies she keeps looking for and calling for. I know the kittens are in a good home, and eventually they will forget their lost family and will be happy with their new family. It's just that that's not enough to erase the other knowledge that will stay with me forever.

















No comments :