Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sweet & Sara...

My new best friend. The box of organic vegan nirvana arrived today. I sampled my goodies, and am giddy with joy over such wonderful deliciousness! L. got to taste her first marshmallow, which she pronounced to be "pretty good." I will definitely be ordering many, many packages from S & S! Oh, and the marshmallows can be roasted over a fire--they melt nicely--and we can make S'mores. It's probably warm enough that we won't be using the fireplace again until fall, but we will be roasting them over the fire on our first camping trip of the year. It's just a little sad and pathetic that I get this happy over food!

I went to the first farmer's market of the year today with my girlfriends at work. We went early--10:30 was the first time that we were all meeting-free and able to go. There isn't much there yet this time of year, but I found some organic greens for Fergus & Fiona (our rabbits), who will be really, really happy in a few minutes when L & I go in to read with them and give them their bedtime treats.

This is the time of year that I really enjoy walking through our gardens every day to see what's coming up. The birds outside are also very busy building nests, and I am hoping we have a few that we can watch again this year. This bench is where L & I will be doing much of our homeschooling over the next two days, as the weather is supposed to be absolutely beautiful--in the 70's and sunny, which is how I wish every day was.

My girl is done with her dinner finally (though she started late, as we let her play outside with H. until it started to get dark). It's time to go make the bunnies very happy with their greens and finish our Trixie Belden book. I'll tuck her and Chloe in for the night, and then I'll enjoy a little Dexter with my man and Daisy & Jezebel and whichever of the cats decide to pile on the couches with all of us. I will also dig into some of my S & S treats and that should help console me in my grief over not having a new LOST tonight. >:-(

2 comments :

em for mighty said...

thanks for the link--ive been wondering about some vegan marshmellows. im also still waiting for vegan pizza rolls--any tips?
what? LOST isn't new? (i watch it online)

VeganMom said...

There is a vegan pizza roll...MOSTLY. It depends if you follow the "2% rule" on veganism. The brand is Health is Wealth, and they're called Pizza Munchees. They contain a soy cheese, but there is a very tiny amount of casein in the soy cheese. I was eating them for months before I noticed that (although, I'm pretty sure it wasn't listed when I started). They're quite tasty!